Developing your Leadership Approach and Engaging with Teams for re-opening
As a business, moving forward towards the re-opening of your venue and/or hotel during these very challenging times, it will become even more imperative to connect with your colleagues and ensure that they are ready and motivated to be back in the business. You may still be working remotely, some of your colleagues may be furloughed, either way it is essential to engage with your team members now and prepare for the re-opening.
Format: 2.5 hour web classes
This workshop has been designed to support Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders in how they adjust to the new circumstances of working remotely and as they move towards re-opening the business. How best to adapt their leadership style, cope with anxiety in themselves and their teams, build and maintain confidence in how to work in this new way and share techniques which can be employed to be most successful in these challenging times.
Any manager or supervisor who has team members that are on furlough or are returning from furlough. Managers or supervisors who manage a person or people remotely, either working from home or based in other sites/offices.
Content – Web Class
- The Effective Manager
- What is the difference between a manager and a leader?
- What are the most important skills and qualities we need to bring to the forefront in these current times and with the different individuals in our teams?
- Managing Anxiety and Stress
- Understanding this new kind of stress & anxiety
- Identifying stress and anxiety in others and in ourselves
- Coping mechanisms for handling stress and feeling anxious
- Focusing on the positives and what we can feel grateful for
- Planning for and Checking in with your team members
- Tips for meetings and reviews with teams working remotely
Develops confidence in leading virtual teams, working from home and/or in remote locations, including improved communication skills and engagement with teams to prepare effectively for re-opening.
Research carried out by the organisation Great Place to Work confirms that times of crisis can provide some of the most important opportunities to deepen trust and commitment with employees in ways that not only ensure greater well-being for employees, but also position greater business success when the crisis is over.
In times of crisis, it is essential to not lose sight of your human side or your company’s cultural values. Instead, channel them into positive strategies and actions that will protect your employees’ well-being and improve your workplace culture over the long term.
Melanie Cash has over 20 years’ experience in the hotel and hospitality industry, working for international brands including Marriott International and Hilton Hotels. Holding senior positions across sales, marketing and training departments she had the perfect platform from which to launch her own consultancy and training business in 2004. Melanie and her team of associates have successfully delivered a range of training and consultancy services across many independent venues and established brands.
Terms and Conditions
Course fees invoiced in advance directly to delegates and payable within 30 days from date of invoice or immediately if within 14 days of the course.
Cancellation by an Attendee
- Up to 14 days prior to the course – you can cancel your place on the course and your prepaid fees can be transferred to another course.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course – no refund, no transfer of fees to another course.
Cancellation of a Course
Unfortunately, there are times when it is necessary for us to cancel a course. We may do this up to 14 days in advance of the course, if delegate numbers are not sufficient.
If we cancel a course, we can transfer you to another course of your choice or refund you the course fee.
If you have any queries regarding the course, would like to book, or if you wish to discuss our multiple delegate packages, please contact us on 07402 30 85 64 or [email protected]